I have helped many businesses and organizations develop effective marketing strategies. Here are a few examples:
Text, Talk, Act
I helped develop the marketing and communications strategy for Creating Community Solutions’ innovative new platform – Text, Talk, Act. This is a one-hour conversation between 3-4 people with discussion questions sent via text.
Some of the work I did to promote Text, Talk, Act included advising the team on strategies to increase their reach and writing press releases and social media posts.
- Twitter posts I wrote got up to 350 retweets on partner pages such as the Born This Way Foundation
- Each round the number of participants has grown, with 5x more people participating in the fourth round than in the first
- An estimated 30,000+ people have participated in the small-group conversations nationwide
- Attracted media attention from CNN, MTV, and several CBS and FOX affiliates
In addition to the great results that have come out of this project, I received award from the Nonprofit Technology Network for the work I’ve done on this initiative.
“Rebecca consistently provides thoughtful input and guidance on our projects; she has really helped to shape a successful strategy for our work.”
I worked with Generation Justice to promote a 17-minute film, “When the Mask Comes Off,” featuring six young people candidly discussing their experiences living with mental illness.
I helped Generation Justice reach a national audience through online promotions while they promoted the film locally.
Some of the work I did to promote the film included:
- Creating an outreach strategy with the team from Generation Justice
- Compiling contact information for cold calls and e-mails to targeted organizations
- Creating Google ads to drive people to the trailer of the film
- Writing e-mails, blog posts, and social media posts
- Hosting a Twitter chat on the topic of mental health
The campaign resulted in 9x more views for the full-length video than any other video on Generation Justice’s Vimeo channel, and 13x more views for the trailer than any other video on their YouTube channel.
“Rebecca helped our organization tremendously with our social media campaign. She is very pleasant to work with and knowledgeable in the latest social media and online strategies. With her assistance, we received amazing results and reach.”
I have worked at Everyday Democracy for over six years. The core of my job has been developing, maintaining, and evaluating their online presence. During my time there, I have made many significant improvements of their communications channels, especially the website and e-newsletter.
I led a website redesign project and incorporated new design ideas and SEO tactics to achieve amazing results:
- Articles were shared 12x more with the new design
- More than doubled the monthly website visits
- Increased clicks for a key article type more than tenfold by evaluating and changing the design of the newsletter.
- Revived the list from losing up to 70 subscribers per month to gaining 340+ subscribers per month.
- E-mails I’ve sent to segmented lists receive open rates as high as 49%.
“Rebecca uses a creative and targeted approach to social media and the development of a strong web presence. Rebecca’s greatest strengths include her ability to problem solve, listen to clients’ needs, and work creatively to find solutions.”
I identified appropriate online marketing tools and recommended specific strategies for both their B2B and B2C audiences, including:
- Recommendations for which social media channels to use based on research of user demographics for each communications channel
- Tactics for building email lists and social media following
- Specific content ideas for each social network
- Information on which metrics to track
- Detailed information for suggested social media management and evaluation tools
This report was highly customized and tailored to the specific needs of Made Closer. In addition to the recommendations, I also included specific actions to take so they would know how to implement the strategies effectively.
Project Learning Tree
A leader in the field of environmental education, Project Learning Tree was looking for new strategies to boost their online presence to accompany their website redesign. In a partnership with Smart Cause Digital, I worked with the Project Learning Tree team to develop a comprehensive content strategy that included:
- Detailed analysis of their blog, enewsletters, and social media channels
- Specific ways to engage their audience
- Digital marketing priorities for the upcoming year
- List of online tools to increase productivity
- Customized editorial calendar
Project Learning Tree now has a detailed action plan for their communication channels that will focus their energy in areas that will improve their SEO, engagement, and conversions in the next year and beyond.